Written by News Bulletin News Sources
Wednesday, 23 October 2013 00:00
Fox Valley United Way program to make sure Christmas is merry for kids in need
With the holiday season just around the corner, Fox Valley United Way is once again partnering with local businesses, community and student groups, along with families and individuals who are interested in helping those that are experiencing difficulties during these tough economic times.
While countless parents are telling their children that there will not be many gifts under the tree this year, a large number of children in our community will not be receiving any presents.
The Fox Valley United Way wants to give to those families in need, who do not have the financial means to provide gifts for their children this year.
Local residents can help by donating to the Fox Valley United Way Holiday Assistance fund.
Fnancial gift will be used to purchase clothes, toys, hats, mittens and scarves for the children. If donations allow, we will also buy each family a gift card to a local grocery store, so they can enjoy a family holiday meal.
Here are some ways to make a difference this holiday season:
* Sponsor an individual child or family. Based on the overwhelming needs of the community, Fox Valley United Way encourages donations beginning at $50.00 to fully sponsor an individual this holiday season.
* Provide a monetary donation. All donations can be mailed to or presented at the following address: Fox Valley United Way, 44 East Galena Blvd., Aurora, IL 60505.
* Purchase a gift card. By purchasing a gift card from a local grocery store, you can provide a holiday meal for a family in need.
* Participate in the Forgotten Teens Program. Too often the teenagers of lower income or underprivileged homes are overlooked and experience a holiday season with no gifts. This program provides an opportunity for students to raise resources to provide gifts for the Forgotten Teens in their community. For more information, click here.
* Organize a community drive to collect specific items. Basic needs items that are always in shortage are scarves, hats, and mittens (or gloves). Another beneficial drive encouraged is collecting toys for children. All basic needs items, toys and other gifts can be dropped off at the Fox Valley United Way office.
Please note that all gifts should be unwrapped and donations of any size are appreciated.
Deadline to drop off donations, at the Fox Valley United Way office, is Friday, Dec. 13.
--News Bulletin news sources
Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 October 2013 13:59